Ten Photos from a London Dreamtime storytelling event celebrating the lives of women who are usually only known as “Victims of Jack the Ripper”
Mary Ann Nichols, Annie Chapman, Elizabeth Stride, Catherine Eddowes, and Mary Jane Kelly
Special thanks to wonderful audience who were full of energy, kindness, light and humour.
- Waiting to start at Hawksmoor-designed St. George in the East.
2. Our group moving off to the first location
3. John’s poem “the Book of the Goose”
4. helping hands moving the big tarpaulin so we’d all have something dry to sit on!
5. and 6. Two photos of me telling the pieced-together story of the life of Catherine Eddowes.
7. Nicola and Ian from Stick in the Wheel singing beautifully
8. Bringing flowers as a tribute to the women
9. Johns moving and simple ceremony with candles
10. A straight shot of gin for everyone afterwards!
Plus we’re grateful to @hardhatzone for imagining what Catherine Eddowes might have looked like while she was alive. (This composite takes account of portraits and photos of family.)