George is a musician, performer, composer and teller of stories. He and I work together and separately on storytelling performances for children and adults.
Possibly the best way to spend a summer eve … Bermondsey bliss!
—Time Out on George’s musical walk of Bermondsey
What brilliant collaboration! Imaginative, fun and informative. Our audience loved it!
—Jessica Ihejeto, Southbank Centre (family audience)
George was fantastic! Highly recommended
—Cheryl Sweeney, University Women’s Club (adult audience)
Performances and projects include:
- A week-long storytelling project with the Southbank Centre and Royal College of Music for Imagine Festival
- The true story of Jimi Hendrix for Big Fish Little Fish Family Rave at Alexandra Palace
- Appearances at Selfridges and Shakespeare’s Globe
- Workshops aboard HMS President
- Performances at Cecil Sharp House for the London Folk Festival
- Paddington Bear stories on a steam-hauled Pullman Train
- Supernatural tales in Brompton Cemetery
- A six-week story and music project for the Garden Museum
- Lots of events at the Cuming Museum
- Appearances at the Petrie Museum, Burgh House, Rye Wax, Abney Park Cemetery, National Trust Sutton House, Cafe Oto
- A feature performance for Sting in the Tale storytelling festival in Wimborne
- Regular appearances at Halloween of Crossbones
- Performances at Lavenham Literary Festival
- The Green Note
- London Month of the Dead
- The Grant Museum of Zoology
- The extraordinary Atlantis Bookshop in Holborn
- Many schools, care homes, festivals and community events.
We did want to thank you very much for sending George who was brilliant. He had so much energy, was very flexible and just willing to get stuck in with the day, which was very much appreciated. The children loved his sessions and it made the day very special
—National Literacy Trust (Voices festival, families)
George runs very successful song-writing and storytelling workshops and performances with schools, community groups and in care homes.
Like me, he of course has public liability insurance and an enhanced DBS.
George created a podcast of story-songs for Londonist. Take a listen!
If you’re interested in booking George for a musical storytelling performance, please email [email protected].
We absolutely loved George’s stories and singing. One of our residents does not usually engage with people she does not know – and she enjoyed it immensely and was talking about it the following day
—Battersea Place Nursing Home (seniors)
It was absolutely brilliant storytelling and story singing. It brought history to life. Fascinating and very skilled
—Audience member, Outlaws and Rebels, Cityread Library Takeover (adults)
Thank you so much for all your storytelling and singing sessions. The families have really enjoyed them and I have had great feedback. Additionally some of the families are continuing to meet here on Saturday mornings, which is a fantastic achievement.
—Six mornings of Storytelling, Crafts and Song at The Garden Museum; delivered by George and Vanessa together (families with young children)
I received a brilliant email from a BFLF semi-regular who hasn’t been for a while and loved George’s show
—Hannah Saunders, Big Fish Little Fish