Thank you so much to George for coming to St John‘s. So many staff commented about George’s calm and kind nature and the children have been truly inspired. They haven’t stopped creating their own stories since… The day was a simple yet very effective and inspiring experience for them all. —Emma Taylor class teacher, St Johns CE Primary Knaphill
George’s gentle manner and beautiful music make him a very popular choice with schools (including SEN), nurseries, museums and festivals. He has £10m public liability insurance and an enhanced DBS. He is a full member of Equity. To book him, contact us here.
Storyteller George was an absolute delight and was wonderful with both children and parents. … had even the shyest toddlers giggling and laughing and totally wrapped up in his story and music. He made sure every child was comfortable with each interaction, and praised one little boy for saying no to touching the snow, saying that is very good to try new things but it is also very good to say no to something that you don’t feel comfortable doing (which got lots of parental approval). He even helped us clear away afterwards! —Waterstones Milton Keynes (Childrens event)
George was FANTASTIC! Honestly he was the star of the party everyone loved him! The stories were great and the children loved the props which brought it all to life. All the parents agreed George had a great way with the kids, they liked that the children weren’t pushed to participate, but just welcome to get involved when they were ready. —Cathie (Under- Fives birthday party)
… enchanting words and beautiful music
—Time Out London (Adults)
George was a huge hit on Sunday!
—Leytonstone Street Fest (Families)
George in particular went beyond the call of duty to keep everyone happy while we implemented a queueing system for the first time ever on the Tuesday. Please do pass on our thanks! — The Royal Parks (Half term storytelling)
We absolutely loved having George – he was perfect and everyone adored him. Nothing to improve. Just spot on exactly what we were all after!
—AH (Family Birthday Party- under threes)
Watch George storytelling with nursery and reception classes here:
Performances and projects include:
- Lots of schools, nurseries and SEND educational settings!
- Storytelling and music for 0-4s at the Royal Albert Hall
- Stories for The British Library at the Conway Hall.
- Sold out solo storytelling show for adults by candlelight at Southwark Cathedral
- Under-three’s storytelling at Stratford Literary Festival (Stratford Upon Avon.)
- Devising and performing a week-long storytelling project with the Southbank Centre and Royal College of Music for Imagine Festival
- The true story of Jimi Hendrix for Big Fish Little Fish Family Rave at Alexandra Palace
- Paddington Bear stories on a steam-hauled Pullman Train
- A six-week family storytelling and music project with the Garden Museum.
- A series of workshops for adults who experience mental ill health (culminating in final performance at Shakespeare’s Globe.)
- Two seasons of musical storytelling performances for families onboard the London Eye with Time Out.
- Guided Story Walks and music workshops for adults with learning disabilities with Bede House.
- Performances for Quarry Bank National Trust Children’s Literature Festival.
- Elmer the Patchwork Elephant at Bath Children’s Literature Festival.
- Family storytelling sessions in St Paul’s Cathedral in association with Harper Collins Kids.
- Feature performance for adults at Sting in the Tale storytelling festival in Wimborne, Dorset.
- Stories for the National Literacy Trust in libraries and shopping centres across London and the South East.
- “The Hidden People” Performance for adults at Lavenham Literary Festival.
- Three summers of storytelling for Mission Invertebrate in London’s Royal Parks.
- A series of under-threes storytelling events in Samsung’s flagship KX store, London.
- …Very many parties, care homes, festivals and community events.
Watch a new story commissioned by The Royal Parks to celebrate Jubilee year and told live in Hyde Park over the bank holiday by George.
If you’re interested in booking George for a musical storytelling performance, please email email@example.com.
We absolutely loved George’s stories and singing. One of our residents does not usually engage with people she does not know – and she enjoyed it immensely and was talking about it the following day
—Battersea Place Nursing Home (seniors)
I just wanted to email you to ask you to pass my huge thanks onto George for a wonderful story telling session! The children (and staff) thoroughly enjoyed it – it was engaging and interactive, and they all had a brilliant time listening to a variety of stories.
—Cathedral School of St Saviour and St Mary Overie, Southwark
We had a great turn out and all the children were captivated by his storytelling, props and music. I think the sensory element was perfect for the age of children in attendance. I would definitely recommend him to other libraries. –Christine Thompson Library Development Officer – Children and Young People Redbridge
George was great, very flexible and able to keep 90 children watching and listening for an hour. –Elaine Walters Southwark Library Services
The children loved the workshop yesterday- George was amazing – Marlborough Primary School