George is a musician, performer, composer and teller of stories. He and I work together and separately on performances for children and adults and he is a popular choice with schools, museums and festivals.
Possibly the best way to spend a summer eve … Bermondsey bliss!
—Time Out on George’s musical walk of Bermondsey
What brilliant collaboration! Imaginative, fun and informative. Our audience loved it!
—Jessica Ihejeto, Southbank Centre (family audience)
George was fantastic! Highly recommended
—Cheryl Sweeney, University Women’s Club (adult audience)
We had a great day with George, his storytelling was quirky and really interesting, the kids had a brilliant time!
—Mary Flahery Kings College London (events for student parents and their families)
Performances and projects include:
- Sold out solo storytelling show for adults by candlelight at Southwark Cathedral
- Devising and performing a week-long storytelling project with the Southbank Centre and Royal College of Music for Imagine Festival
- The true story of Jimi Hendrix for Big Fish Little Fish Family Rave at Alexandra Palace
- Paddington Bear stories on a steam-hauled Pullman Train.
- Musical stories in Brompton Cemetery at night with London Dreamtime and Antique Beat.
- A six-week family storytelling and music project with the Garden Museum.
- Lots of events at the Cuming Museum.
- A series of workshops for adults who experience mental ill health (culminating in final performance at Shakespeare’s Globe.)
- Two seasons of musical storytelling performances for families onboard the London Eye with Time Out.
- Guided Story Walks and music workshops for adults with learning disabilities with The Bede Centre.
- Performances for Quarry Bank National Trust Children’s Literature Festival.
- Family storytelling sessions in St Paul’s Cathedral in association with Harper Collins Kids.
- A feature performance for Sting in the Tale storytelling festival in Wimborne, Dorset.
- Regular appearances at Halloween of Crossbones.
- Performance at Lavenham Literary Festival.
- A summer of storytelling for Mission Invertebrate in London’s Royal Parks.
- London Dreamtime events for London Month of the Dead.
- “English Folk Tales 101” for the South East London Folklore Society.
- “London Bridge Ghosts and Lore” for London Fortean Society
- …Very many schools, parties, care homes, festivals and community events.
We did want to thank you very much for sending George who was brilliant. He had so much energy, was very flexible and just willing to get stuck in with the day, which was very much appreciated. The children loved his sessions and it made the day very special
—National Literacy Trust (Voices festival, families)
George runs very successful song-writing and storytelling workshops and performances with schools, community groups and in care homes.
Like me, he of course has public liability insurance and an enhanced DBS.
(above: George telling stories on the The London Eye. Photo by bablands.london www.instagram.com/bablands.london )
If you’re interested in booking George for a musical storytelling performance, please email [email protected].
We absolutely loved George’s stories and singing. One of our residents does not usually engage with people she does not know – and she enjoyed it immensely and was talking about it the following day
—Battersea Place Nursing Home (seniors)
It was absolutely brilliant storytelling and story singing. It brought history to life. Fascinating and very skilled
—Audience member, Outlaws and Rebels, Cityread Library Takeover (adults)
Thank you so much for all your storytelling and singing sessions. The families have really enjoyed them and I have had great feedback. Additionally some of the families are continuing to meet here on Saturday mornings, which is a fantastic achievement.
—Six mornings of Storytelling, Crafts and Song at The Garden Museum; delivered by George and Vanessa together (families with young children)
I received a brilliant email from a BFLF semi-regular who hasn’t been for a while and loved George’s show
—Hannah Saunders, Big Fish Little Fish
I just wanted to email you to ask you to pass my huge thanks onto George for a wonderful story telling session! The children (and staff) thoroughly enjoyed it – it was engaging and interactive, and they all had a brilliant time listening to a variety of stories.
—Cathedral School of St Saviour and St Mary Overie, Southwark